Art Finnie, at the official dedication of Finnie's Garden in May,1994
Originally known as; "Farm View", This 2 acre plot of land located in the higher lands of Riverview Hospital, was a early start at horticultural therapy at the hospital. It all started on April,18,1951, when a nurse; Arthur Brian "Art" Finnie, was had previously been asked by a Dr.Bruce Bryson to start a garden project. Art Finnie, took on this task with gusto, and the garden quickly became known as "Finnie's Garden".
Finnie's now has its own click-able MAP that links to pictures, with text about some of the history about the garden.
Check out the YouTube slide-shows, an easy way to get a feel for the garden.
An article in the Tri-City news: Finnie’s Friends pull weeds and drink tea
Post a Comment